Active Volcano? Adventure Central? Water Sports? ... Pucon!

Pucon

Pucon is a small city located in the South of Chile, specifically in the region of La Araucanía. One of the most notable characteristics of the town is the Villarrica Volcano that surround Pucon at the other side of the lake named after said mountain, one of the most active volcanos in South America. 



This town is one of those that are prime destinations for the summertime, and it’s even known as the adventure hotspot in Chile. There is an abundance of apartments, cabins, and camping sites to accommodate the large amounts of tourists that gather in Pucon during the first months of the year. 


I had the chance of visiting in early 2017 with my immediate and extended family, we were a lot of people, so we rented out two cabins next to each other that also had access to the lake. That summer was memorable because Pucon is one of those places that has a certain vibe and feeling that can’t be replicated anywhere you go, especially when moments like those are shared with family. 

me and my cousins in pucon!


In the downtown area everything has a rustic and woodsy feel from the restaurants, bars, markets, and even the grocery stores believe it or not. Of course, one of the main attractions is Lake Villarrica, there are a load of activities to do ranging from kayaking, inflatable games in the water, rafting, parasailing, wakeboarding, all the way to jet skiing.



 I always remember the time I had in Pucon with a lot of nostalgia, and I carry those moments fondly in my heart, it’s just one of those places you never forget and if you ever get the chance of visiting, I’m sure you’ll understand what I mean.

Comments

  1. After reading your articles , Chile will definitely go straight to my "bucket list" . It really is a country that deserves more popularity in the travel industry , everybody should experience the same feelings as you at least once in a lifetime. Having 3 completely different landscapes and types of nature in the same country , that's amazing. I want to take a tour of the whole country to see it all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not a diamond in the rough, but the Pearl of the North!